Sunday, February 10, 2008

Backward Design

I feel that if used correctly backward design can be a very helpful tool in education. In order to come up with a desired final product a person must determine the results they wish to obtain before they get started. These questions that will be asked at this point will be the questions will be the questions that will be focused on during the entire process so they should be focused on main points. After you find out what the results should be there needs to be a source of assessment and evidence. There need to be facts that support the results a person is searching for. The last step is to plan the instruction. I feel that planning the instruction will now be much easier to do because the majority of the work has already been done. I know for has been a few times for myself where I had trouble planning instruction because I didn't know exactly which direction I was going in. If I knew exactly what my desired results were it would have been much easier to plan what I was going to do.

No comments: