Monday, May 12, 2008

Core Curriculum Content Standards

We just recently finished our CCCS projects and I feel it was an insightful process looking into a subject that I a not completely comfortable with. Looking the at Language Arts Literacy Content Standards was interesting because I got to see how the LAL standards were similar to my content area, P.E. and Health. I found that looking at the different content areas that the standards are a guide for all teachers. The commonality between all the standards was that they're very wordy, but also vague. I feel that they create the standards this way so it gives the teacher a chance to work with each of the standards in their own individual way. Another thing that was evident in all of the standards was that they're meant to build off of each other's strengths and supplement each other. This is neccessary to prepare students in becoming life-long learners.

No comments: